Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Honey, I'm Hoooooooooooome!!

Haven't blogged in a looong time!  I apologize, but I bit off a little more then I could chew this semester and the blog had to take a backseat BUT on the plus side now I have months worth of material to share with you all!  So this was my first semester back in school since I had my son 3 years ago.  So naturally I decided to go big or go home and registered for 4 classes and took on two internships.  Way to ease into things Kristina!  Now if you were reading my blog in the Fall then you already know that I have a serious problem with becoming easily overwhelmed and sweating like a Christmas ham under pressure so yes it is safe to say that I have bought stock in extra strength deodorant and have dealt with swamp ass issues often.  It wasn't pretty, but I made it out alive and guess what?  After busting my behind for four months the best news is that I am still unemployed so I will have plenty of time to dedicate to my blog again  : /  .So since I have been so busy lately it seems that my personal life has taken a drastic turn for the worse.  For instance I am sitting at my desk right now writing and listening to Dave Matthews on Pandora.  I am wearing a tie-dye T-shirt, velour pants and a robe.  My hair is a mess and I have not yet brushed my teeth. There is a McDonald's cup on the desk, a red cup half full of Lucky Charms and a bowl of fruity pebbles on the floor.  What is that not wear you eat your breakfast?  Basically I have transformed into a dirty hippie, although a slightly more educated one.  And if anyone has been following my facebook updates they also know that I have taken a liking to destressing with Cheeseburgers and Domino's pizza.  I promise I will get my shit together as soon as finals are over...maybe. 
I tried to get really motivated the other day and took my kids to FAO Swartz in NYC on a Saturday thinking that I was such a cool mom for my adventurousness and spontaneity.  What I actually ended up being was an asshole with two out of control kids trying to climb through the dividing window in the cab.  This was by far one of the more embarrassing trips with my children.  The cab driver shook his head in disgust but what was I supposed to do?  If I start screaming I look nuts.  If I beat them in the cab I go to jail.  If I do nothing I look like I don't care.  What I wanted to do was cry my freaking eyes out...or maybe jump out of the taxi and leave the boys to find their own way home.  After a two hour trip back home I put the boys to bed and drank a glass...or two...okay the whole bottle...of wine.  After that I went back to thinking of what a cool mom I am for taking my kids on this trip, but I have already made all of my friends and family promise to slap me if I ever decide to take these monsters into the city by myself again.  They would have had almost as much fun in Toys R Us in Bay shore and I wouldn't have wanted to poke my eyes out.  Oh well, as usual, the moral of the story is you live, you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment