Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kindergarten: The triumphs and the tears

My first born started Kindergarten last week, while my second son started pre-school and as the school bus pulled away and the tears welled up in my eyes I was faced with a new challenge as a stay at home mom...what the --pardon my language-- FUCK am I supposed to do with all my free time?  Clean the house?  Tackle a couple mounds of laundry?  Scrub the toilet?  Pardon my language again, but fuck that!  I have been slave to children for five years now and I just got my first taste of freedom.  I am not spending it waxing the floors.  The house might be a little messy, but the woman in the house is happy as a pig in shit because she gets to lounge in her husbands new "football room" while watching the Kardashians, in her pajamas, until noon.  I'm walking on freakin' sunshine right now!  But let's try to be reasonable!  I can't just sit around in that big comfy arm chair, wrapped in a blanket all day, everyday.  At some point I will need to be productive.  Basically, I need to find a hobby.  So I turn to you!  What are your hobbies?  What do you do with your "free time," if you have any.  I will be blogging a lot again now that I have all this time on my hands so I want to here from people. 

I hope everyone had a great first week back to school and will talk to you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment