Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Battle of the Back Fat: Day 4

I usually don't write my blog until the morning, but I am having a weak moment right now so here I am. Today is the 4th day of my attempt at starvation.  I made it all day, but cracked at 10:30 at night and snuck downstairs for a little snackeroo.  Is it just me or does everyone feel that if they eat secretly it won't make them fat?  As long as no one else saw me eat that entire bag of fudge stripe cookies, then it didn't even really happen, did it?  Like if a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?  If Kristina eats while hiding in her kitchen, does she gain a pound?  The more reasonable side of me says yes of course, you will still get fat even if no one else watches you eat the cookies, but those delicious little cookies scream out "Just do it!  No one is here, they can't see you, just eat me, I won't tell!"  I swear these cookies are evil!  Often, I will buy those lovely little 100 calorie packs of cookies.  Oh look! I can be thin and still have a snack!  Sadly, I have a bit of a problem with portion control and anyone who knows me can attest to this.  So when I sit down and eat 5 packages of 100 calorie pack cookies, I am completely undermining the idea of being able to have a sensible snack.  To me, there is no such thing as a "sensible snack."  A snack is an indulgence, a treat.  It is something to be enjoyed and I don't ENJOY eating two cookies, I enjoy eating many, many cookies!  So if I sit down to have a snack, I don't want a "snack pack" of cookies, I want a whole bag of cookies!  Portion control. be damned!  But anyhow, now I am going to bed with that wonderful guilty feeling!  Oh well, better luck tomorrow!  Everyday is a new day to make right of what was wrong yesterday.  And umm yeah, I think I just made that up.  Pretty sweet!  Write that down somewhere! :) Have a great day guys!

1 comment:

  1. LOL I hear ya on portion control! I am sorry but one 100 calorie pack, or one SmartOne is NOT ENOUGH FOOD! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete