Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Melissa Lynn

I planned to right about my father today, but while searching for a picture of him to accompany this post, I found so many amazing pictures of my sister, Melissa, that I felt I would be a fool not to take advantage of the opportunity to further explain my sister.  I am choosing to write about my family at the start of my blogging career because they have made me what I am today and knowing them can only further your insight into my life.  Well here is Melissa...
 
Now clearly she has a few screws lose and I really can't argue that, but her weirdness makes her very funny and fascinating to observe.  For example, Melissa recently started a new job working for a bagel store.  She went to work during her first week there, sporting her company's T-shirt and cap proudly.  She went behind the counter and attempted to get to work.  For some reason the register seemed foreign to her, but this isn't really THAT unusual for Melissa so she tried her best to figure out the machine.  At some point she realized that she was getting some odd looks from employees and customers.  Finally, another employee told her that she was at the deli and that the bagel store where she worked was across the street.  Needless, to say Melissa's career buttering bagels was short lived.  Another time Melissa walked into the room of one of her college classes, bumped into a students desk and knocked the girls phone on the floor.  The girl tried to reach down to retrieve her phone, but her desk toppled over.  Now, as Melissa tells the story, the girl was trying desperately to get out from under her desk but since her feet were in the air she just wiggled around helplessly until someone took the desk off of her.  Now, given the fact that Melissa was the one who started this whole classroom catastrophe, you would think that she would have been the one to lift the desk off of the squirming girl, but she couldn't you see, because she was too busy caught between laughing hysterically and peeing her pants.  Understandable.  I come from a long line of ridiculous people which has brought me to where I am today.  I had two choices growing up.  I could either join the family in their ridiculous antics or I could take the road less traveled by our family members and become a sane and functional person like my sister Laura, blah blah blah, genius freak.  I have always been more of a follower so I decided to join in my families absurdity.  Watching Laura, blah blah blah, genius freak (I don't think I have to do this every time, you get the point...she is freakishly intelligent) has shown me that there was another way growing up, I could have taken the craziness in stride and used it to empower myself to be a wiser person, but I have to say I'm glad I made the choice that I did.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't love being crazy, disfunctional and ridiculous.  I believe that is what dreams are really made of, taking the insanity that is the real world and running with it!  Most of us are at least a little bit crazy and the key is to accept it and flaunt it anyway you can!  So I made a blog!  :)  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment